Monday, April 17, 2006

Well, teaching application was not out today. Tomorrow. I struggled over writing the philosophy...I know it sounds lame, but I have such insecurity at times. I wrote it tonight, but I still need a conclusion. I'll wake up early and take a fresh look at it tomorrow to finish and proofread. I really could use another pair of eyes before I ship it out. I'm up against some tough competition. I should be more confident. I've been told that when I put my mind to it, I'm a good writer...my attorney was impressed with some of my communications to the judge and my ex. We'll see. Cross your fingers.

I have so much going on this week. The countdown continues...4 days until court. My stomach is a mass of whirling acids these days. I get heartburn from water and vomit from kool aid. Sorry for the details, but it totally sucks. Today, I could hardly eat anything. When I do, I'm overwhelmed with nausea.

I'm on my way to bed. I finished most of what I meant to finish. The rest will be just a few loose ends to tie before work. But I have this feeling as walk about the house of...incompleteness. Like I can't go to bed yet, because something is missing. The only thing I can think of is that I haven't said good-night to anyone. And so, I say "Good-night anoles, good-night Iggy and Coco. Good-night bears and good-night chairs, good-night moon. And most importantly...good-night all my blogging friends."

There. I can sleep.

Bluenewt

2 comments:

Val said...

Aiiigh, I remember that feeling...
But it's now, what, 3 days until court??? & will it be "Court" or the dreaded mediator's office?!?
(a funny story for ya -- when we left the mediator after our 2nd fun-filled go-round, he told me on the sly that MY ex was the biggest asshole he'd come across in 13 yrs of mediation...) Well it made me smile for a moment anyway!
Chin up, deep breaths, take care of yourself babe --
Best wishes,
Val

Bluenewt said...

Thanks so much Val!! Funny story also...My ex-husband tried to use the 'wife is abusing ME tactic' and called 911. He was drunk and I had not had one drink, I refused to let him hide a letter to his girlfriend and so tried to pry it out of his hands. He said "Mindy let go"..twice then dialled. Two officers responded and I had to leave for a cool off period because I was the sober one. Both officers over the last 4 years pulled me over for speeding and let it go with a warning. Then proceeded to tell me that they thought it was crap that situation was crap. I also had called Darwin's old attorney by mistake (new office) and she said she couldn't tell me anything but apologized. Funny.