Friday, April 21, 2006

Nightmares

It was a nightmare. An emotional gauntlet. I sat through testimony, lies and accusations that were too far fetched to believe it. And this is the father of my sons.

I was going to post the details of today, but I won't. It's not over, there may a third day of this. I really wanted it over today. The nausea, tension and emotion is overwhelming.

I don't dare hope for miracles. All I can ask is that my son's best interests are served. That there is some way to preserve my right to raise my sons as the mother they need.

When I do write about it, you will be appalled. It was a living nightmare. The ex was himself in full force.

2 comments:

Val said...

OhmiGOD ohmiGOD ohmiGOD...
Mindy, I am so sorry to hear what a nightmare you're going through...
But let me try to lighten things up a little for ya -- at our last custody battle (2/04), my ex's lawyer was slinging all the s**t she could; she was grilling me about a "pseudo-affair" I had w/Michael's friend (check this out; talk about IRRELEVANCY!) 6 YEARS BEFORE ZACH WAS BORN!!!!! (We flirted around a lot, hugged & kissed & ALMOST had sex but I stopped that train!) But nevertheless it was traumatic to have all that crap dragged out w/my new husband sitting there in court (although, my dear sweet man said all the testimony did was fill him w/a burning desire to beat the hell out of the liar!).
Hang in there, hopefully it will be resolved soon...

kaicito said...

i'm truly sorry to hear how awful all this is for you. not being familiar with all of the situation nor with u.s. custody law, i don't know what i can say or recommend other than that i hope it'll work out well for you and, as you say, for your son.
thinking of you and wishing you the best...hold your head up high through all this!