Friday, April 14, 2006

Here bunny, bunny

The kids and I are having an early and very short Easter. I played Easter Bunny tonight. Honestly, I love it. The kids went to sleep late, and Derek very nearly ruined it for himself by snooping in the closet for who knows what...my bad. What a dumb idea, putting everything right there in the kitchen closet. So they went to sleep and I went to work.

The Easter baskets the kids get are a work of art. I never buy the pre-made ones, I always do my own. This year, there was so much stuff I had to buy two bigger baskets that look alot like small laundry baskets. I filled them with WAAAYYY too much candy in spite of this years resolve to limit it.

So when everything was done, I chewed a carrot and let little pieces on the table with a bunch of jelly beans and just felt...like a large furry rodent looking for mischief. I totally got caught up in being Easter bunny. I hid the baskets so well that I left a note from bunny with clues as to where they are. I wish we had more time in the morning, I would have done some things outside as well.

I'm going to make the kids eggs and cinnamon rolls in the morning. I'm going to let them eat some of their candy but not enough to make them sick and them I'm taking them to their dad's. I may not have the quantity of time I would like, but they will have a quality Easter morning. Damn it.

No comments: