Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday

I'm supposed to be getting a shower and ready to meet my mom for a pampered chef party this very moment, but I really don't feel like going. It's not that I don't want to go exactly, it's that I love my Sundays. The restaurant is closed and I'm free all day! I have so many other things I can do, like getting out my grunge clothes and stripping the family room for painting (NO I still have not started that YET!) or better yet, fixing my dryer vent that has been waiting for some time now. But I know that my mom and I will have fun, we always do.

My sons left with their father for the day, it's his birthday, a whopping 48. Dalton hid behind my leg and cried for a bit. I hate that. We got his dad a gift and made some brownies instead of cupcakes. I do this only for the pleasure it gives the boys to have a gift to give. I had a thought yesturday, I just can't help it. The kids got some movies for their dad, kid's movies. Their dad's flavor of the month is spending the weekend with them and I was tempted to get her a movie as well..."Sleeping with the Enemy". BUT, I didn't, although I did give myself a laugh. Poor girl will find out soon enough. The last one stated she wished I would have told her about him before she lost a whole lot of money.

I have a semi-busy week coming up. So many things to do. I just can't wait for summer. I'm ready to open up the windows, mow the lawn, take the kids to the lake...I miss fishin' and swimmin' and soakin' up the sun. We're warming up today...started out at 9 degrees now it's a sunny 22. Got a long way to go....

Ok. I'm off to find out how much more wonderful my life will be if I buy expensive cookware. Which I won't. My Walmart pans and dollar store untensils work just fine. :)

2 comments:

G-Man said...

Regardless of how much I have to do, Sunday has always been my day to relax and have fun. Perhaps it stems from the old Catholic boy in me or maybe the old farmboy....but Sunday is MY day!

Bluenewt said...

I went to the party, had dinner with my mom and dad, and watched a movie with them. It was a good day, definitely, but I do wish I would have had some time to just sit, drink coffee and read my paper...AND take a nap. Sunday naps are THE BEST!