Friday, February 17, 2006

Love is...

I picked up my oldest son Derek from school today. He and the rest of his second grade class made these posters where the beginning of the sentence was written for them (Love is...) and the rest was completed by them. I had seen these on the wall a couple of days ago, but didn't have a chance to read them. Today I did, and it warmed my heart. How many times do we second guess ourselves as parents? Did we do the right thing, say the right thing? Did I hug them enough? Do I spend enough time with them today? And in my situation at the moment, I get limited time with my sons, Daddy has everything, Mommy doesn't have much. But Derek's first sentence was:

Love is...coming home and hugging my mom.

It was the best Valentine's Day gift I could ask for.

1 comment:

G-Man said...

Wow...that is VERY cool.