Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Time stood still...

It's been a strange day. After watching "Shop Girl" and with the news of my ex getting married, I have beent thinking, why don't I have a relationship?? I know I have some very good qualities and would be a great partner for the right person. How is it that D can marry five times, and I seem to be stuck with once? Tina told me it's ok to be picky. I guess that's it.

To top it off, I stopped to see my attorney and out of the blue he asked me if I was seeing anyone? Why not? I just looked at him and said "When do I have the time? And where would I meet someone here anyway?"

And so, I made the trek to my ex-husbands house to pick up the kids.

It was a beautiful, warm day. I was stopped in a small town, behind a bus. The song "Where did you go? I miss you so, it's like it's been forever, since you've been gone..." (Don't know the artist) was playing, and something caught my eye. I turned to look out the window and there were all of these white flowers lightly floating past, like snow. It was a moment where time stood still. I was looking at these flowers drift all around me and realized that though I wish for something wonderful for myself, a counterpart, friend, lover, I'm really fortunate in what I have, my sons, my family and possibilities. The world is my oyster in many ways, though some doors have closed, others have also opened.

I'm on the brink amidst of a storm of flowers. It has to be a good sign.

5 comments:

G-Man said...

"On the brink in the midst of a storm of flowers." That's poetry right there.

Never gauge your happiness by those around you. Why can he married 5 times and you only 1? Is that 5 times something he should be proud of?

If this sounds nosey, I appologize, but I think right now, you are in the process of finding (or maybe rediscovering) yourself...not somebody else...if that makes any sense.

Bluenewt said...

It does make sense. And it's kind of where I'm at within myself. But it's still lonely.

5 times...he's either nuts, or should get credit for unwavering persistence.

G-Man said...

My vote: He's nuts.

;)

Bluenewt said...

I must concur, G.

Val said...

One more vote for "nuts" (he sounds like he has too much in common w/MY ex, for one thing!)...
But don't rush into a new relationship just for the sake of havin' one, take it from your ol' friend Val ;-)...
I need to do a post about my impetuosity (??is that a word??), though I wouldn't want to hurt DH for the world...