Friday, May 12, 2006

It's Friday

But the term 'Friday' in this case is not synonomous with 'slow down'. It merely means run, but in a different direction. There are two T-ball games, one tonight and one on Saturday morning. Since we live so far away, we have to rush home tonight, jump in bed and be up and out early for Saturday's game. There's half my weekend gone.

D has been pushing for me to give him tonight with the kids. He is having friends over, as well as the woman of the month and her daughter. Why doesn't he plan this stuff on HIS weekend? I said no, and threatened that he had better not pull a stunt like the last time, where he manipulates the kids into ungodly tantrums for his cause. Derek already knows his weekend plans and started whining. He called and offered me a 'deal'. A switch for Thursday night and all day Friday for Memorial Day weekend. Sounds nice, huh? Except I have to work all day that Friday. I am pretty sure this all has something to do with him 'getting rid' of the kids that extra day for some personal, hang out with sugar momma plans. I thought about counter-offering with another weekend, but, I'm not doing it. He showed me that he cannot reasonably extend himself for a favor in my direction the week before last, and so, no. It's Mother's Day weekend, and I'm keeping it all to myself. I'm definitely not going out of my way to ensure a Mother's Day celebration with the STEPMOTHER.

Things on the employment front are not ideal at the moment. Being a TSS is frustrating, and this week I have found out just how so. My clients life was turned upside down again, and has been replanted. That, in combination with her getting strep, has eliminated 2 1/2 days of my work week. Another short paycheck, in spite of my constant reconciling of schedules to fit the hours in. AND a sleepless night on Wednesday not knowing where this child went, how she was feeling, or how to contact her. I dont' think that I will ever understand this child's knowledge of 'lost'. It's probably something I should be so thankful for.

MONEY!! Short week last pay period, now another. Pay day will be less than gratifying today. D is now playing child support games since he is doomed to paying it for a very long time, per the Judge's last order. There are ways of manipulating the payments, and he is very in tune with how to do so. Thank God I kept my night at the Steakhouse last night. I made 110 dollars, gas money and electric bill payment. Whew.

There is a caseworkers postion open with the company I work in. I'm applying, it's full-time with benefits and all that. I have application portfolios out for teaching positions. I hope to hear something soon. Time is fleeting. And another court date in July.

I'm off. I have not received a call back from my clients caregiver so I have an unwanted day off. I guess I'll do some more summer cleaning before getting the kids.

Have a great weekend all!!!

To Gary at G-Man Ink.......Have one heck of a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

No comments: