Wednesday, June 28, 2006

More stuff.

I'm supposed to be getting ready for work and getting kids ready to spend the day with their dad instead of the babysitter. I gave in. The babysitter sits and thats all. I'm getting tired of seeing the boys spending their summer quite bored out of their minds and I at least if they go to their dad's I know that they will have something to do with or without their father. They will PLAY. Kids need to play. Especially OUTSIDE!

More on the sister's boyfriend's friend issue. I caved mildly, he was quite persistent throughout the weekend. On Sunday, he tried to be 'huggy' which made me highly uncomfortable, especially with the kids around. My mom made the comment when asking if I liked him, that if a guy comes on too strong, I don't want anything to do with him. You got it mom. If I don't have time to decide I like you, then I'm not gonna like you.

Number one: They all went out together, sister, mom, dad, bf, bf friend. I didn't go because I had the boys. They called, bf friend says he is going to stick to me like glue on Sunday before they leave. I was at my mom's at one. Bf friend left with dad to look for Indian artifacts...didn't show til six. I'm not mad, just building my case.

Number two: BF friend says he will call. Insists he did, but no message or ID on phone. Still not mad, but strike two.

And so the rest of the story. He is not really working at the moment. Says he wants to move up here to this area. So I did call him and talked to him. Gave him the experience of an ex who had no job and tried to move himself in with me. A round about hint that I don't take strays. Listed all the reasons why it is a bad idea in the form of questions/discussion but I don't think he got the point. Next on the list, explain that he can't move here for me. If he wants to, fine, but he's got to find a place to live, a job and all that all by himself. Cuz I still don't think I like him in 'that way'. On the other hand, a boyfriend would be nice. But I've long since learned to control that urge with practicality.

On another note: My job. I'm working 25 hours a week, but totally beat on my days off. My average mileage for one day with my client is 150 miles. 450 miles a week. For my expenses, I'm getting about double of what I spend, which is ok, but it's going to reap havoc on my barely kept together piece of junk. I'm getting home at around 6:00 pm, with barely enough ambition to make dinner. But then I don't want to divide the hours up into 5 days, because I lose two more hours a week travel time, and would put extra miles on the car going back and forth. Everyone I have talked to says that you burn out quickly as a TSS. I'm feelin' it. I have a week off next week. My pocket will be empty but I'm thinking it will be a much needed break.

I could write and write and write, but I'm going to make myself late.

Val, you'll have to send me some of those stories!!!

No comments: