Friday, March 17, 2006

"Mommy, you be da dragon!"

That was my assignment per Mr. Dalton, aka Bubba. Mommy be da dragon. He has no idea how undragonlike I feel right now. I barely kept my eyes open for dinner. But I was da dragon. I pulled myself up out of my comfy chair and invaded a castle of pillows, blankets and a futon. In spite of my lethargy, I dragged two young boys out from under a futon and consumed them with all the enthusiasm I could muster. When Derek started whining about scraping his leg on the side of the funton, I said in my most dragon-like voice "Good! I can eat the injured prey much more easily!" I ferociously kissed his face all over and the boo boo went away. Maybe this was just what I needed, as I now feel quite awake again. Awake enough to put two boys in their night-time dungeon. And maybe I'll even do the dishes floating in the moat.

Derek's painting last fall
I have the ENTIRE weekend to myself with the boys. I get these so infrequently that when I have one...I relish it. I'm thinking of flying kites tomorrow, or maybe sitting with Derek to do some drawing. I would like to do some sketches of the boys, I have been meaning to start that for awhile now. It's been a long time since I have sat down with a sketch pad. Derek received three art-kits at Christmas, one of which is a sketching beginners set. The first thing he did after putting together his lego pirate ship on Christmas morning was sit down and use the book to draw a bird. I was impressed.

My drawing many moons ago

I'm afraid the monsters are STILL restless. Occassionally I let them sleep in 'Mommy's bed' as a weekend treat. They seem to have a severe case of the giggles. I tried to cuddle, but Dalton was concerned that he didn't have enough pillows (geesh, there are only 6 on the bed) and Derek kept shoving his feet under me, at my hipbone (my most ticklish spot), so once he discovered that there was no giving up. I quit cuddling in the hopes that they would pass out finally, but I still think I hear kid noises up there.
Maybe not. Good. I have time to visit some of my favorite blogs before bed. Oh, btw...Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Get pinched?? I tried, but no takers. Damn.

1 comment:

G-Man said...

Wow...the painting and the drawing are both FAB!!! Excellent! Animals are very hard....Good work on the muscle structure!