Saturday, March 04, 2006

Long, but good, day...

Ok, so I'm totally whipped and I'm going to try to keep it short. It has been a very, very, long day, but definitely a good one. I was up at 5:30 to make sure Derek made it to his Cub Scout Derby car race. His car needed a little 'help' too, he painted it, then Dalton painted it at their dad's (without permission) so we had painted it one more time. I got up early and painted some flames on it. Derek was pleased, I told him it's going to burn up the track...or so we hoped. After the first round at the race, Derek came to me and said "I got eliminated", shrugged his shoulders and smiled. I scooped him up (he's quite a skinny 8 year old) and said, "Well, you are my favorite winning speed racer anyway!" Dalton was a trying 4 year-old though. Almost spastically rambunctious. Nearly took out the row of cones and checkered flags, and harrasssed this little girl with his make believe hermit crab claws, before he was given his 'time-out'. We then made the hour and half long drive home to have left over crab legs (If it's aquatic, my sons will eat it. No kidding. yup, frogs legs, octopus, shellfish...) and tomato soup (weird, but their request...oh and broccoli. hmmm.) Then I whisked them off to Nanny and Poppy's house while I worked.
Fun night at work. Everyone was wound up. Then we got slammed. It was like a summer night, I had to put my slow winter mindset away and haul ass tonight. One of those, walk out of the tea room, then run like hell to the bar, then to the kitchen, to a table, to another table, to the kitchen...and so forth. Ugh. Sometimes I rate the night by the money I should make. Tonight was a $200.00 night for $93.00. It can also be a $30.00 night for $100.00 (like last week) . Anyway, I'm tired and everything is sore, but it's a good tired, sore feeling. During work, Lisa asked me...do you have your kids this weekend? Then my boss Geoff...do you have your kids this weekend? Which basically means, are you able to go out and tear it up? Well. Not this weekend. Then toothpickflicking girl (who got her name the same night I got mine...after many glasses of wine...tpfg and minmonster combatting the ever evil and oppressing fun nazis of the world) informs me that I'm missing caddy (catty? pffffffftttttttt) bitch night at the Gaslight and says that it IS the second one I missed. Shit. I will have a lot of caddy bitching to catch up on then, the next free saturday I have.
And, last item of the day, kids were up at 10:30 when I picked them up, watching some Komodo Dragon movie with Poppy. We piled into the car and headed home. It was a beautifully clear night and on clear nights, for some reason, Orion always catches my eye. I think it's because when I was kid, I couldn't see him for anything, it took forever for me to SEE it. So, as we were driving home, I tried to show Derek Orion... I am not sure he understood, but did recognize the three stars that make his belt. It was cool. I can't wait until summer when we can lie in the grass and watch the stars together.
That was my day, and I'm going to bed. I'm sure this is the most disjointed, poorly written blog ever...but..feel free to ask me if I care and take a crack at the answer. Sweet dreams all.

Bluenewt

No comments: