Thursday, July 05, 2007

Long time, no post.

Oh where to begin!? Catching up...my sons will now be living with me as the primary parent. Their dad has every weekend during the school year, I have weekends in the summer. It's hard just seeing them a few days a week, plus an extended vacation time. Derek and Dalton came after their very long vacation for the weekend and Derek asked me why he only can stay two days since he is supposed to be seeing me more now??? The hard questions never stop.

Their dad has been a monster as usual. I tried to approach the new situation with a spirit of compromise, and when I need the same, I hit a brick wall. After all his testimony on how wonderful a life they lead, Derek came back from the vacation with a few horror stories on daddy's temper (like using the h word, b word and d word-something he said he NEVER did, swearing in front of the kids). Daddy called an old guy a 'son of a (person)' because he wouldn't move his car and I asked Derek if the guy moved after Daddy said that...and how did it really help to use a bad word? Gotta love the teachable moments. I also just received the 'summer work' from Daltons teacher to help him keep up for next year, a month after school is out. Mr. Mom, who swore he helps the kids with academics has not sat down with Dalton or Derek one time to help them with some supplemental work...when both struggle in school. I could pull my hair out.

The newest news...The boys dad filed an appeal. It's a bit of cloud over my head.

SUMMER! I'm working full time. It kind of sucks. My time with the boys (weekends)is short but completely belongs to them. Derek has 'opened up' and I think is starting to feel safer in confiding his feelings to me. Dalton is just happy to be with Derek all of the time. I have so much joy when I am with them. Summer plans are reduced since I have to come up with a retainer for the appeal, but we laugh and talk, hunt monster crayfish in the creek and swim at Nanny's house. Life is good.

I'm typing up my getting ready for work time. I will be back soon! Well wishes to all... (if there is anyone out there still checking for new posts!)

1 comment:

Val said...

Wow! It's great to see you posting again Min... I was just getting ready to forward you MY latest post from my new "super-bitchy" blog (a place to vent all the nasty stuff that I don't feel comfortable putting in my "Real Person" blog) -- also to check how things are going for you!
(You'll see when you read my post(s) that it's the same ol', same ol' for me.) Sorry to hear about the appeal, maybe A**hole will run out of energy & $$$ to torment you much longer...