Friday, July 13, 2007

Just me in my camo capris!

Ahhhhh. Kids are in bed, sleeping peacefully after a long 'tucking in'. Sweet dreams, little angels.

Our custody exchanges have hit an all time, all out war status. As I am as unhappy with some things in our new custody order in which I got (for the most part) what I asked for, I try to keep my myself in check with the fact that I can't have it all. D (the ex) doesn't seem to have this self-regulating mechanism. All or nothing.

So during one of these exchanges, Darwin stood in the doorway and started an argument. Then it moved out to the mudroom where his hausfrau cheerleader jumped in and I said "You know what, thats it. Get out of my house, thanks for sharing, but leave." I had to repeat it again, but they left. And as they left, when I wouldn't continue the argument, D gives me the up and down look and says in his sarcastic way..."Thats a good look for you."

So (going back) D dislikes anything trendy or funky. Me, I like my individuality and enjoy the funky stuff. I pretty much have a good idea of what he does/doesn't like and although his opinions are probably ingrained in the back of my mind forever, I really don't give a shit what he thinks.

So if he doesn't like my shiny green toenails, flip flops, camo capris and black spandex shirt, it's not my problem. What I find amazing is that he would have the slightest inkling that such a comment would bother me in the least with the assumption that I care what he thinks. What I find amusing is my desire to wear those camo capris every single time we exchange custody. Maybe Sunday I'll accessorize with some skulls and crossbones....

No comments: