Friday, August 31, 2007

My once a month (or maybe 6 months) blog....

So...school is in session. Derek and Dalton are both here in the local school. Derek is playing football which allowed him a few friendships to buffer the beginning of a brand new classroom. Dalton has 'looped' with the same teacher he had last year in Kindergarten. I have a new client in Dalton's K-1 school, so there is no stress of getting the boys to school early enough to make it to work, when I drop them off, I am at work. Things are pretty good. Not perfect, sometimes hectic, but good.

There is a new 'love interest' in the works. It's only been three weeks, but I find I am very happy....at most times. Very nervous at other times. He's been attentive to put it mildly, does and says the right things...very good with the boys. But I seem to have this internal wall up that is suspicious of things that are too good. But then, they are not...he is in the beginnings of his own custody dispute with his ex that rivals my battle in its vindictiveness. I mean, how awful would it be to raise three children, one for 8 years, and find out that two were never yours??? But this scares me too. So, I'm hanging out and just seeing where it leads. And I'm enjoying the attention, I must say.

On my own kid front, well...still trying to pay the amount for the appeal. $2800 bucks. A little scared but it's not the worst fear I have felt in the last 4 years. Still thinking about the online courses for my masters in psychology...I need to take the leap, but nervous about the time I have available for classes and studying when I seem to have so little at the moment.

I'm ok. It was nice to hear from my pal, Kai!!!! And Val, who is an every faithful blog friend...and I'm so bad at it.

I ACTUALLY have a 'free' night. I'm thinking about removing the remainders of the toenail polish I put on in May, and repainting them. I might take a bath and then go out to have a drink. I might take a nap. Oh, the possibilities.....

1 comment:

Val said...

Well I tried twice yesterday to comment & couldn't get the home 'puter to cooperate...
Good to see a new post from ya; I need to doodle a bit meself, it helps when I'm trying to sort out my thoughts...