Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Update (though I know not frequent enough to keep up with ya'll!)

Spring is coming!!! The whole renewal thing is creeping up on me! YAY!

I have started working out again, even if just a little....its amazing what getting your butt up and moving in the morning can do for your day. Even if I haven't slept, which seems to be a nightly thing of late, I feel energized. It's a wonderful thing....

I have the kids all TO MYSELF THIS WEEK. The ex is out of town, so no interrupting visits til Friday. We have been making the most of it with a trip to the park last night to shoot some hoops, play tag and soccer...a game of which of my son and I got creamed by two of his friends. YIKES! I better get with the program... Tonight we went to Dalton's class dinner with a friend and her son, it was so very, very nice. We all had a good time.

I made a decision to cut my hours for the remainder of the year. I work 18 hours a week with a student and had picked up 10 more after school. The ten more was stressful, only because I never knew whether or not I was going to be able to bill for the hours if a parent was/wasn't available (since we don't get paid for 'babysitting' and have to have someone to 'transfer skills' to), we had late nights and had to pay for child care regardless. Its not much of an income, however, I am here for the boys for homework and things after school and have two flexible days with which to substitute or stay home with sick kids if needed (like last week). I haven't made this little money in some time, but with the current alimony, support, occasional sub job, and steakhouse nights, it works kind of ok....when summer hits, I'll be back to my 50 hour work weeks and much reduced heating bills so I'll get right again.

I'm really looking forward to this summer. If I can, I hope to take a few road trips, do some hiking and just enjoy a piece of it for myself. I think that I have come into a new 'era' of acceptance.

No more bitching! So sorry to have subjected my faithful blogger friends to the last post!!!! :)

1 comment:

Val said...

That's cool - & here I pledged ya a nice juicy email! but things have been wild...