Monday, January 08, 2007

Yikes, I haven't been here since October??

Well...Lots of new events to report...but I have been insanely busy up until Christmas...at which time I lost my employment until my client receives her approval for services. BAD timing...and instead of using my free time wisely I have widdled it away with anxiety and malaise. In essence, a total waste of two weeks.

In about two weeks I turn 33. I believe it's the one year anniversary of my blog (a term I use loosely since there is a group of skilled and faithful bloggers out there to which I don't belong) and I think it's time to change it up. So, sometime between now and then, I'm going to rework this thing, in a way that will represent how I intend to 're-invent' my life.

I was thinking about stuff tonight. I have to give myself this talk every once in awhile because I allow myself to get sucked into the mire and wallow there. I have been LAZY because I'm DISINTERESTED in my direction. I need CHANGE, but find I don't seek it, rather I wait for it. I'm going to be 33. And the here and now is acceptable, though not commendable...and I want to BE more. Here is so much better than last year at this time. But it's not enough.

I think that in my twenties, I made discoveries about myself. Found myself so-to-speak. My thirties will be spent refining me.

The one thing I'm acutely aware of, I'm not getting any younger.

2 comments:

Val said...

I had better get this comment ripped off while the computer is acting right!!!
Glad to see a new post from ya; I've started a new blog to preserve my anonymity & let loose a lot of deep dark rants...(but psssst it's actually me, Val!)

Val said...

Hmmm, guess it's even MORE anonymous than I thought!!!
htpp://cassandraskorner.blogspot.com/