Monday, January 23, 2006

Starting again...

Tomorrow marks the 32 nd year of my life. I have made a vow to myself to break out of my shell, to discover new territories, to do the unthinkable. This blog is my beginning in that resolve. And to be honest, it's not an easy thing for me to do...even as I write, I'm breaking out into a cold sweat. Confidence is not one of my stronger qualities. At 32, I'm a mother of two glorious boys who have been fought over in ongoing custody battles: a waitress who spends countless hours pouring over employment ads searching for teaching positions...or even something like it...; a single woman who has made a career of dating and has come to find acceptance in being and staying single. I was once told that I needed to break like 10 hearts before having a real relationship. I have, and suffered some disappointment also in the process. This year is dedicated to contentment. I have the love of two children and the love of some very, very amazing friends. This is my new beginning.

Bluenewt

No comments: