Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Post, Finally...

I have been oh so busy this summer. I have been working 6 days every other week at the Steakhouse and three a week for Concern. I'm sucking up as much free time as possible with the boys on my every other week I have with them and filling it with summer stuff. It's gone sooo fast. My weeks with them are going fast. They leave for their dad's tomorrow and as usual I'm feeling the blues creeping up.

I'm maintaining limited hours during the school year with Concern and taking on a third job, sort of. I'm leaving 2 days a week free for substitute teaching. I'm not sure how well it will work out, and am concerned about making enough, but if I don't get my foot in somewhere I'll be stuck in this cycle of applying with no experience for teaching positions. And although I'm officially off the schedule at the restaurant, I'm finding there are more than enough nights I can fill in. It's been a profitable option, the last weekend I worked I made 180 in one 4 hour night.

Still dragging the custody thing out. Settled our financial situation, even with a prenup and after three years, I finally got the title to the wrecked car..lol. I think that I'm probably not going to get the 1800 for the insurance settlement since it has been two years since the accident. I also got 20, 000 cash and a modest alimony for two years, in addition to the child support I receive. At least its something. There's a ton of issues with the custody thing and will not be settled for another month. That will be a post for another day.

Still having strange dreams on occasion and I believe its stress related. Mostly mother dreams, in one I'm holding a calf as if it were my child before realizing that it can walk on its own at birth. Weird. I'm so tired...and I have a really, really long day tomorrow. I miss my blogging friends! I'll post again, when I have a free 10 minutes or so....

No comments: